- TOUR CHOICES: On the County Line Tour you will visit the churches at Moravia and St. John, and you may choose two of the three museums in Schulenburg.
- RESERVATIONS/TOUR FEE: Select your date well in advance and call us to book your visit. A deposit of $50.00 is required and must be received 2 weeks prior to the scheduled date in order to guarantee that date for your tour. The County Line Tour itself is $8.00 per person. The deposit will be deducted from your total. No tours will be conducted unless the balance is paid in full on or before arrival. Your tour fee covers the basic cost for the Chamber operation of tours, and a portion of the fees are given to each of the churches and museums that you visit.
- TOUR GUIDES: A local tour guide will meet you at the Greater Schulenburg Chamber of Commerce Tourism Center at your scheduled tour time. He or she will then “step on” your vehicle and accompany you throughout the tour. During the tour, your guide will point out unusual, interesting, or historical sites of the area as you travel through the countryside. Tour guides are volunteers and are not compensated by the Chamber. The customary gratuity given to the guide is a minimum of $40.00 for groups of less than 15, and $50.00 for groups of 15 or more. Feel free to give more, especially for larger groups of 30 or more, as it would be greatly appreciated.
- TOUR TIMES: All tours begin at the Tourism Center. Please call the Schulenburg Chamber (866-504-5294) to discuss when you would like to start your tour. We suggest choosing a time between 9:15am and 11:00am. Tours generally last between 3 to 5 hours, depending on the size of the group and lunch reservations.
- LUNCH: Tour groups generally make a stop for lunch between churches and museums. A list of restaurants is provided on our website under “Dining”, or you can call us for assistance in making a reservations.
- TRANSPORTATION: You will provide the transportation and allow a seat for your tour guide. Buses, vans, RVs, motorcycles, cars, and caravans are acceptable.
- CANCELLATIONS: If you need to cancel your reservation, we will allow you to reschedule and transfer the deposit to another day up to one year from the original tour date. The deposit is nonrefundable.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Please stay with your guide and follow their directions at all times.
There are plenty of restrooms available at the Visitors’ Center, the churches, and at the Stanzel Museum. These 2 churches are kept locked and are only available to visitors who are accompanied by a tour guide.